Patients that suffer from work-related injuries may meet the treatment goals of physical therapy but cannot return to work due to deconditioning (being out of shape).
Work conditioning programs, which often simulate the demands of a given job description, are designed to help patients with the following:
- Recover their strength
- Improve endurance
- Increase flexibility & mobility
- Improve cardiorespiratory fitnes
- Personalized interventions are also provided to decrease the odds of re-injury upon return work
Industrial rehabilitation programs typically consist of personalized, full-body, intensive training with a focus on the activities that are similar to the physical demands required by a particular category of employment.
Services we provide include:
- Ergonomics / Job site Analysis.
- Employer and Employee injury Prevention.
- Functional Capacity Evaluation: is a detailed assessment of pt's consistency of effort and ability to return to work. This is a four hour evaluation performed by a licensed therapist includes an intake review, a musculoskeletical test and final report.
- Work Conditioning Program: this program help patients to restore their functional work level and allow them to return to previous employment.
To learn more about our work conditioning program, please give us a call.